Permanent Secretary Allegedly Blocks Release of Tinubu-Approved Funds for Federal Information Agencies

//
/
Comments are Off
A fresh controversy has emerged within the Federal Ministry of Information and National Orientation after funds reportedly approved by President Bola Tinubu for several government media agencies remained unreleased more than a week after receiving presidential clearance. The funds were earmarked for agencies under the ministry, including the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Federal Radio Corporation...
Read More

Fashola Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid, Says He’s ‘President at Home’

//
/
Comments are Off
Former Lagos State Governor and ex-Minister of Works Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) has dismissed speculation that he could contest Nigeria’s 2027 presidential election, saying he has no intention of seeking the country’s highest office. Speaking during an interview on TVC News, Fashola gave an unequivocal answer when asked whether he planned to run for president....
Read More

DRC Opposition Suspends Protest After Tshisekedi’s Offer of National Dialogue

//
/
Comments are Off
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s main opposition coalition has suspended planned nationwide protests after President Félix Tshisekedi signaled his willingness to convene an inclusive national dialogue, raising hopes of easing months of escalating political tensions. The Coalition Article 64 (C64) announced it was postponing a march scheduled for July 22, which had been intended to...
Read More

France Approves Social-Media Ban for Children Under 15

//
/
Comments are Off
France’s Parliament has approved legislation banning children under the age of 15 from using social-media platforms, making the country the first member of the European Union to adopt a restriction of this scope. The measure, strongly supported by President Emmanuel Macron, cleared both chambers of Parliament on Tuesday. It is intended to protect children from...
Read More

DRC’s Bundibugyo Ebola Outbreak Becomes Africa’s Fastest-Growing on Record

//
/
Comments are Off
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s outbreak of Bundibugyo strain Ebola has become the fastest-growing Ebola outbreak ever recorded in Africa, with the death toll approaching 1,000 as health authorities warn that the epidemic is outpacing containment efforts. Official figures released on Tuesday showed 2,473 confirmed cases and 999 deaths since the outbreak was declared on...
Read More

Defence Minister Christopher Musa Denies Resignation Rumours, Threatens Legal Action

//
/
Comments are Off
Nigeria’s Minister of Defence, General Christopher Musa (Rtd.), has dismissed reports claiming he resigned from office, describing the rumours as false and malicious while warning that those responsible could face legal action. Speaking to State House correspondents after a meeting with President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Musa said he had neither...
Read More